Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lately I have just been so very happy. I have had so many things happen to make me realize how happy I am. Some of the events are:
1. This has to be the most important one. Papa (Dorsey) actually bore his testimony in testimony meeting. I know he has a belief in Jesus Christ and that he works to be a Christian and follow the teachings. However, who he is means that he seldom says anything aloud in a public setting. He also stated that he appreciates all I do and that he loves me very much. I know this is a small thing but WOW it is a happy moment.
2. A vicarious happy. Great niece Candy became engaged to someone who is right for her and good to her and extatic to know she loves him. The reports are that he took time to come in person to ask for her hand in marriage. He kept it secret from her and then scheduled a party with lots of people there to ask and give her an engagement ring with a more than a 2 carat diamond. I am so happy for her!!! Then a comment was made at family home evening about well it looks like there will be more black babies in the family and I was extatic to note that I that the speaker was out of line and do not care as long as they are truly happy. Acceptance of people for who they are is a big step for me and makes me so happy.
3. OK a fun one. I am happy to have been able to spend 9 hours yesterday taking single sisters from church to the grocery store, appointments, dollar store and Wal-Mart. I know dumb but for so long I could not do this for any one. I was so happy to be able to do it. The fun part is how much I enjoyed being in the car in the parking lot and seeing an elderly lady bump a cart and send it racing through the parking lot accidently. Not a fun moment but there were 2 teenage boys with pants so low I was crossing my fingers for them but one of them chased the cart down and safely parked it between 2 cars. What a fun moment.
4. Making capes/robes for Hogwarts makes me happy. The cutting went fast and easy and then I had a learning curve with finishing the hoods. The material I bought does not fray so I just zigzaged it - so much easier. Now the short side attaches rather than the long side so that is so much easier. Laughing at myself is so much fun!!!
5. A stone massage and a nap. How much happier can you get. OK so (LOL) I should have shut off the phone. I still feel so much better and hurt so much less. How can I not be happy.
6. OK This is long enough but I am happy that I am the one who decides if I am happy. It took a long, long time but I have gained control and decided to be happy. It works 90 percent of the time and that makes me so happy. Mainly the fact that small things that make me happy is great.
7. Love of friends and family is HAPPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment